Davis Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal Church (DCCME), Richmond, California was formed in 1942. During the Christian Methodist Church, Northern California Region Annual Conference, Bishop C. H. Phillips, Presiding Prelate, officially recognized and sanctioned DCCME birthing on York Street. At the close of the Northern California Region Annual Conference, Reverend George Washington Davis, Richmond, California, was assigned as the Pastor-In-Charge and organized the first CME Church in Richmond.
After a devastating fire claimed the Church in 2003, a new Church Facility & Campus have risen like a Phoenix to advance the Kingdom of God in 2016.
Today, DCCME is at the forefront of a comprehensive salvific empowerment movement through which life changing religious/social programs and services are developing and impacting not only moral and life changing experiences for individuals and families, but also within the widening of neighborhoods and communities. DCCME quest is to provide an anointed campus environment of programs and services to multigenerational and multicultural individuals, families and communities seeking success and prosperity through God’s plan. “Whosoever Will-Let Them Come” where “Changed People are Changing Lives For Christ.”